Recipe: Gooey Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Updated: Feb 1, 2021
Do you love chocolate? Love peanut butter? Were about to rock your world! Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies! 🍪🍪🍪 These cookies are moist and soft with just the right amount of chew. They taste EXACTLY like normal chocolate chip cookies- maybe even better. We couldn't stop eating them and we know you'll feel the same. Big chocolate chunks nestled in a peanut butter batter. Great for Christmas, Chanukah, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and really... whenever! This recipe uses our Fox & Son Gluten Free Funnel Cake Mix - our wonderful all purpose mix for any baker who doesn't want to miss out. We tested our Funnel Mix recipe for over a year to get the perfect formula with the least amount of fillers. Our mix is just the right secret combination of mochi flour, corn flour, sugar, salt, aluminum free baking powder, and xanthan gum. That's it!
1 1/2 cups Fox & Son funnel cake dry mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup smooth peter pan peanut butter
2 jumbo eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 c chocolate chips (we recommend 1/2 cup Guittard white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup Guittard milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Whisk together the dry mix, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Beat in the peanut butter until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture on low/stir until combined. Add chocolate chips. If you can muster up the patience, let the dough rest for one hour in the fridge.
5. Form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls using cookie scoop and place on the lined sheet 2-inches apart.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes rotating halfway through until cookies begin to turn golden on the bottom and are just set on the edges. They will look underbaked on top - don't be alarmed!
7. Let them cool for a few minutes and then transfer to finish cooling and repeat.
***note 7 minutes rotating halfway at 3.5 minutes came out the best and also tasted the best the next day too.