This recipe will make you the king or queen of any event! They are soft baked, gooey, and oh so perfect. No one will be able to tell they are gluten free. And the best part? The dough can be frozen for up to a month for easy baking any time of day (or night!).
This recipe makes a lot of cookies! Feel free to halve it if you're a home baker.
12 oz (3.5 sticks) unsalted room temperature butter
3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/2 extra large room temperature eggs
1 oz vanilla
1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 Tablespoon baking soda
1/2 Tablespoon salt
5 cups Fox & Son GF Funnel Cake Mix
1-teaspoon instant espresso powder
3-3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (not the minis)
1. Preheat your oven to 300 Degrees F
2. In an electric mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy.
3. Sift together the Fox & Son Funnel Mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly add the eggs to creamed butter mixture one at a time on low speed.
5. In two batches (or one if you're halving this recipe) on low speed add in the sifted flour mixture and espresso powder until just mixed. Be careful to NOT over mix.
6. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
7. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
8. Scoop and shape your dough into 1-1/2 oz pucks or scoops.
9. Freeze or chill the pucks for about 20 minutes. You can keep this dough frozen in a container for up to a month.
10. Bake on parchment for about 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. They should appear slightly under baked when they come out. Let them rest at least 10 minutes before eating.